Internship Dutch Relief Alliance
Duration of 5 months (starting in September 2022)
32-36 hours per week
The Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA) is a coalition of 14 Dutch aid organisations in partnership with the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA). The structure of the DRA enables participating NGOs to respond to major international crises in a timely and effective manner.
The main purpose of the internship is: 1) to support the chair in its daily responsibilities and tasks as well as the other members of the Board of Directors (BoD) in collaboration with the DRA support officer; 2) to provide coordination and communications on DRA’s strategic priorities; and 3) support the working groups and task forces of the DRA.
The BoD is the coordinating body of the DRA and the key tasks the intern is requested to support on are:
· Support with and coordinate internal meetings and events, like the annual DRA learning days, working groups or thematic meetings;
· Support DRA-bodies with external events;
· Coordinate and provide content for the DRA website and other channels;
· Support implementation of DRA processes and priorities;
· Support BoD in drafting (policy) documents;
· Conduct research on specific topics;
· Provide hands-on and content support to the different DRA working groups;
· Depending on knowledge and interest, support DRA in other areas.
· Masters’ Degree level of studies;
· Good personal communication skills in English;
· Good English writing and presentation skills;
· Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
· You are passionate about humanitarian aid;
· Good command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word);
· You are highly motivated, result-oriented and are a team player;
· You are a self-starter that can work independently and is eager to take the initiative;
· You are willing to learn and share your knowledge with others.
· Previous work or internship experience is an asset;
· Knowledge of the humanitarian system.
To be eligible for an internship, students must meet the following criteria (non-negotiable):
· Be enrolled in a university or an educational institution in the European Union for the entire duration of the internship;
· Be available for a minimum of four days a week;
· Have, or be able to apply for, a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for
working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship);
· Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number).
If you are interested in applying and meet the eligibility criteria, please send your application no later than June 29, 2022 to email@example.com. Please include a Curriculum Vitae (two pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum).
Selected candidates will be contacted via email and interviews will take place in the first week of July. For questions about this internship vacancy please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org